Little Miss Four-Eyes Gets a Pair | Warby Parker Review

July 20, 2015

Several months ago I wrote about my experience trying out Warby Parker's Home Try-On and I finally chose a pair - the Upton.



I tried the Home Try-On twice and would have probably tried a few more times because I'm someone who likes to take my time and research all my options before I make a decision (let's be real, it's called 'being indecisive'). But when I was in San Francisco, I realized there was a brick and mortar location and decided to go for a visit. The staff were very friendly, not pushy, and gave their honest opinions when it came to what frames suited me best. Once I decided on my frames, I showed them a copy of my prescription, they measured my pupillary distance (PD), I paid, and soon received my new glasses in the mail.




One thing I will mention is that when I received my glasses, they weren't fitted to my face and this is normal with all frames no matter where you buy them. If there is no WP location near you as was in my case, they will reimburse you if a local optical shop charges you for a fitting. Honestly, I was very hesitant having a non-WP person fit my frames because they are not liable if the frames were to break during the process. Instead, I waited until I was in a city with a WP location and had my glasses quickly fitted there.

Pros:
- The Home Try-On is free and you can try it out as many times as you'd like.
- Affordable frames with many styles to choose from.
- Even if your prescription is strong and you require high-index lenses (to avoid the coke bottle look), the extra cost is not much more.
- You purchase a pair, someone in need also gets a pair (love this!).
- Many locations in major cities across the U.S.

Cons:
- If you don't live near a WP location, finding a local retail store willing to fit your frames may be difficult.
- Again, if you don't live near a WP location, you must obtain your PD from your eye doctor and some may charge you for this info (plus side: WP will reimburse you up to $50).

Tips:
- All or some of the price of a pair of glasses may be covered by your vision insurance coverage.
- If you find a local optical shop willing to help fit your WP frames and they charge a fee, WP will reimburse you up to $50.

Photos: Canon 5d mk ii | Canon 28mm f/1.8 + Olympus OM-D EM5 mk ii | Olympus 25mm f/1.8

Have you tried the Warby Parker Home-Try On? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment