12 Rolls of Film | Roll 2 in February

February 24, 2014

This roll was more challenging than the first. I decided to use my dad's old Nikon FM2 where everything is completely mechanical and manual. This meant that I spent a significant amount of time trying to focus and make sure that the settings were just right (autofocus, I miss you). I haven't used this camera in awhile, but found that getting the hang of it was just like riding a bicycle... if you were to fall face first into asphalt -_-. For fear of being criticized and because of my unhealthy desire to be perfect at everything (issues, anyone?!), I debated whether or not to post the bad ones. But, this project is about more than just playing with film. It's also about challenging myself, getting outside of my comfort zones and being okay with and learning from my mistakes.

I have to remind myself that there can be beauty in the imperfections.
So, here are all the photos in all their imperfect glory.


Nikon FM2 | 85mm f/1.8 | Kodak Ektar 100

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment